• John is a professional writer, reporter and editor who has spent 40-plus years in journalistic, public relations, nonprofit and governmental settings. His academic work includes a thorough ground in public relations, dramatic presentation and global history. He offers clear, attention-grabbing communication as a writer/editor and speaker.
• John is a former reporter and editor for the Battle Creek Enquirer, The Times Herald of Port Huron, the Jackson Citizen-Patriot, the Marshall Chronicle and the ad-visor & chronicle, all based in Michigan, and The News Journal of Wilmington, Delaware.
• John has contributed to professional communication projects for the late Sir Arthur C. Clarke and his authorized biography; in Connecticut for Capital for Change Inc. and the Friends of Gillette Castle State Park; in Pennsylvania for the Vanguard Group; and in Michigan for the W.K. Kellogg Foundation, Oaklawn Hospital, Oaklawn Medical Group, BluFish Consulting, Battle Creek Public Schools, Marshall Area Economic Development Alliance, Territorial Brewing Co., Marshall United Way, Neidlinger Family Practice, The Residences on Rice Creek, The Medalist Golf Club, The Victorian Villa Inn, The Franke Center for the Arts, the American Museum of Magic and Great Escape Stage Company.
John C. Sherwood acts as a private contractor for all writing, editing and entertainment projects.
Terms and conditions are flexible and may be modified by verbal agreement with the client.
• Public relations: We will write original press releases and articles promoting your business or organization. To help you get noticed, we also will conform your own original material to media style and help you contact media organizations.
• Public speaking: We will help you organize and write the text of your presentation, and even help you present it. If you prefer, we also can provide speaking programs on a variety of topics, including travel, literature and history.
• Entertainment: Our programs include skilled magical entertainment for all ages and puzzling mental demonstrations for professional groups. We also can arrange for Sherlock Holmes to visit in person or online!
MysteryVisits Communications is an information and entertainment resource based since early 2020 in Middletown, Connecticut.
We have provided focused, professional services for individuals and groups in person and remotely in the communities surrounding Marshall, Michigan, and West Grove, Pennsylvania. Our goal is to be informative and accurate to produce positive results for you.
John C. Sherwood has performed in person throughout the United States as well as in the United Kingdom, Italy and Tanzania. In addition, John has worked remotely on professional writing and editing projects with participants based as far as Hawaii, the United Kingdom and Sri Lanka.